Competition Countdown

Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Discoveries

Today I discovered some new things. My sister and brother-in-law bought me a Trek bike for my birthday. I have very little knowledge about road bikes. The last time I even on a bike was in middle school. I wanted a bike because it is great exercise and I would like to do triathlons some day. During the test ride I felt like a fool, swerving around and almost crashing. I never thought it would be that tricky. Trek bikes are very different than regular bikes. Hopefully it will get easier with practice.
I also discovered that the Skinny Girl Margarita is sold in stores. The skinny girl margarita is a drink that was created by Real Housewives of New York cast member Bethany Frankel. She is a natural food chef and also my favorite cast member. I have never been a drinker, I have never tasted an alcoholic beverage that I liked, also drinking is not good for a person on a healthy diet. But, skinny girl margarita is only 100 calories a serving. I have not tasted it yet, hopefully it tastes as good as Bethany says it is.
Working out was fun this weekend. It is always more fun working out on the weekends because Dave works out with me. We did the leg workout which I love doing with Dave because he hates it, hahaha just kidding. I think the leg workout is good for him because he is a runner. Dr. Peterson, the awesome orthopedic surgeon on base, told me that runners have weak quad muscles. That surprised me because I thought runners had some of the strongest legs in the world, but actually they don't. Most runners spend very little time strengthening their quads, so I am glad that what I am doing with Dave is helping him.
Well, I hope that I can learn how to ride the bike and I hope the skinny girl margarita tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment