Competition Countdown

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tedious and ridiculous








Hi there,
A few things really hit me over the last couple of weeks. Going to the gym everyday is very tedious. It is not exercising that is tedious, but weight lifting has become very boring. I will never stop weight lifting, because it is important, especially when you get older and everything starts to sag. My passion is definitely cardio. I never get bored with swimming and when I used to run I never got bored doing it everyday. Cardio is a better fit for me because it doesn't involve concentration. Weight lifting takes concentration and I have always had trouble concentrating, I am a big day dreamer and with cardio you can zone out and day dream all you want.
I will be glad when this competition is over with and I can go back to eating up to four apples a day, and cheese, I miss eating cheese. If I do another competition I am going to do it without taking the supplements. The supplements cause some embarrassing digestive problems, if you know what I mean, haha.
Another thing that is really driving me crazy is the slow process of trying to get in the Navy Reserves. I knew that it would be an irritating process because of the surgeries I had, but I did not realize how much of a pain in the neck it would be. At first all the recruiter said I needed were the operative reports. Those were all turned in a month ago. Now they are asking for all of the paperwork related to the surgeries. It took them a whole month to tell me that, that is ridiculous. Surprisingly getting all of the papers from the Hospital for Special Surgery was easy, that hospital is so squared away in everything they do. The problem is trying to get the paperwork from the doctor who did surgery on me in Hanford. It turns out that he had to shut his business down, I am not sure, but I think that doctor was hit with a bunch of lawsuits. I guess I'm lucky that he didn't screw me up when he operated on me. The waiting part just really sucks and it is driving me nuts. The waiting is bad for me and my recruiter. I have been calling her and popping into her office at least once a week. She is probably very sick of me, but if she wants me to leave her alone she better hurry up and get me re-enlisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment