Competition Countdown

Monday, June 7, 2010

Surprises



Hello,
This week has been full of surprises. The first little surprise was at the gym earlier this week. A gentleman introduced himself to me, he asked me if there was any particular reason that I lift everyday. I explained that I was training for a figure competition. He did not know what a figure competition was so I explained that it was a category of women's bodybuilding. He looked me up and down and gave me a pity look and said "you don't look like a bodybuilder, have you seen those girls, I mean have you really seen those girls, have you researched this, are you sure you want to do that". I am a sensitive person and honestly it bothered me. I was polite to him and went on about my business. Then a few minutes later he came up to me again and said basically the same thing. If I had a shirt that said "Leave me the f**k alone" I would wear it to the gym. I am not a rude person, but when I am at the gym I want to get in, do what I have to do and get out. I am sure that he did not mean to offend me, aside from that he seems like a nice person.
The other surprise came on Saturday. Dave put together this wonderful surprise party for me. My birthday is June 7th and he surprised me on the 5th. I was not expecting that at all. I had a great time. He got me the best present in the whole world. I am a fan of Jefferson Airplane, especially the former lead singer Grace Slick. She is now an accomplished artist. I had mentioned a few months ago that I really liked her paintings. Dave got me a huge, one of a kind, autographed painting. I have never had a piece of art work before so this is my first one. We hung it right in the center of the living room.
Just two months and a week away from the competition. I have really been slacking in one area. I have not been practicing my posing. It may sound easy, but the judges are very picky about posing and it is not that easy. Trying to flex every single muscle in your body and smile is hard. I also could be practicing walking in my five inch heels more. I hope my trainer does not read this, haha.
See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment