Competition Countdown

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Disapointments and Surprises

Hi Everyone,
I know it has been a long time, but it has been a couple weeks full of disappointments and pleasant surprises. As you all know I have been trying to get into the Navy Reserves. It has been two months of waiting, waiting, checking in with the recruiter and waiting, then one day last weekend I heard some upsetting news. A friend of mine who is also thinking about the reserves tells me there are no more open spots for corpsman in the reserves. The next day I marched over to the recruiters office to see if it was true. Sure enough, all of the spots filled up in June and nobody bothered to tell me, I was so upset. Fed up with this bull crap I decided to throw in the towel. The next day I put in a call to see the Air Force Reserve recruiter. Yesterday I made the drive to Stockton and spoke with her. The visit went great and in a couple weeks she will let me know if I can get seen at MEPS for a physical. I have a really good feeling about this one, hopefully it works out. They say everything happens for a reason.
The other good news is Shannon is going to me my trainer full time, woohoo. She is taking over the personal training at NAS Lemoore. If anyone in Lemoore is looking for a personal trainer, Shannon is the best.
It will be another busy week. I have my swimming race this Saturday. I am feeling nervous about it because I have been pretty tired lately, probably because of my low carb diet. Usually during cardio events I would not be eating a low carb diet, but I have to because my competition is in just three weeks. I am not allowed to eat dairy, protien shakes, no carbs in the evening, no more than 100 grams of carbs, so it is pretty strict. Let's see how crabby I get my next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment