Competition Countdown

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Double D

Hi everyone,
This week was a special week. It was my husband's birthday. He had a very good birthday dinner. I created a sandwich that I decided to name after him, the Double D (one of his nicknames). It is a hamburger stuffed with three different cheeses and instead of using a bun the burger is put between two grilled cheese sandwiches. For dessert he got homemade cheesecake. My calorie estimate for that meal is probably around 3,000.
My diet was changed up this week. My diet cannot have more than 100 grams of carbs each day. That is harder than it sounds because everything has carbs in it, not just breads, pasta, rice etc. Even my protein powder has 5 grams of carbs a serving, an apple has 17 grams, so it adds up very fast. My competition is in five weeks so it will not be that bad. The news that I did not like was my trainer telling me that I cannot swim again until the competition is over. I agreed not to, but I am going to anyways, at least twice a week. I have a swim race at the end of July and I have to keep up my swimming. Following the rules is not a problem for me, but she is not going to take away my swimming. That is really the only place where I feel very athletic. I am not a fast swimmer, but I have good endurance. I could swim laps for hours and that makes me feel good.
My trainer is out of town for a couple of weeks so she brought in a replacement to train me while she is gone. Her name is Shannon and she is awesome, I wish she would stay and be my permanent trainer. I really like my trainer, but she is into tough love training and that is annoying to me. I don't like to be belittled to get motivated in the gym. I do just as good if I am talked to as an equal, that is just her style I guess. Only five more weeks, I hope I have fun. If it's fun then it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment