Competition Countdown

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Out of Place

Hello, this week was busier than usual. I had a Life Guard class Monday through Friday 0900-1700, and I was the only person in the class out of high school, which made me feel "out of place"! I had to get up at 0500 to put in my two hours at the gym. My legs are doing better and better each week. I did 90 pounds on the leg extension machine, the most I've done so far. The days I do back workouts are my least favorite, I think my back muscles are my weakest part. I strained a muscle in my mid-back a few weeks ago, it healed up but I am always afraid that I will pull something. My biggest pet peeve about the gym is when the big guys leave several 45 pound weights on the plate loaded machines. To me those weights are very heavy and it is a pain removing them one by one. The really loud chatty people used to annoy me, but now I just take my Ipod everyday and just tune everything else out.

I have two competitions that I plan on doing. The first is June 27th and the second is August 14th. I may not be ready for the one in June. It is really up to my trainer, she said she won't let me get on stage if I don't look ready. I will continue to work really hard to show her that I will be ready by June 27th!

Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment