Competition Countdown

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Making decisions

Hi everyone,
This week has been hectic but, in a good way. The weather has really heated up into the 90's so swimming outdoors in the lap pool feels great. I am becoming pleased with the way my body is responding to the training. I am finally starting to see the muscle show. My trainer said the first few months were about putting weight on and the remaining months are about leaning out. She warned me that the toughest part was still to come. She explained that the final weeks are the worst. The last few weeks I have to deprive myself of any carbs. That means no starchy carbs or fruit. I also cannot drink my favorite drink which is diet code red and diet snapple. I am only allowed to drink water during that time. She warned me that I would be very cranky and tired. I am lucky that Dave is such a huge pillar of support. He supports whatever I do.
The past several months I have been pondering the thought of the rejoining the military. For awhile I was thinking about going back to active duty, then I thought about the reserves. I decided that the reserves was a great fit for me. I have my physical at MEPS next week. Hopefully I pass the physical. I have to show the doctors the reports from all of the surgeries I have had, hopefully everything goes good. The recruiter said it should be OK. I will find out by the end of next week. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment