Competition Countdown

Saturday, May 29, 2010

My buddy's back

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the delay, it has been a really busy week. Dave and I went to Knots berry farm. It is an amusement park in Los Angeles, it far exceeded my expectations, those rides were some of the best I have ever been on. My favorites were the silver bullet and the Xcelerator.
I have been very antsy all week. I still have not heard back from the MEPS station, it has been two weeks and I thought I would be back in the Navy by now. The recruiter is telling me that they are really busy at the MEPS station, she keeps telling me it should be just a couple of more days. I am not frustrated with her, she is doing everything she can do, I just wish things would move along faster.
In work out news things are going great. I am very happy with the appearance of my body right now. I am noticing that things are really tightening up around the abdominal area. Dave started working out with me again, it is much funner having a fun workout buddy their with me. I enjoy giving him a good workout at the gym. It really makes me want to be a trainer myself. I think it would be a job I would really enjoy. I am really looking forward to the competition. There will be about four other ladies from the base competing, we might get a picture in the local newspaper.
Swimming is going great too, I swam three miles the other day, it felt great. At the end of July I will be doing my first open water swim race. It is called the Catfish Crawl. It is a two mile swim in a lake, so it shouldn't be that scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment