Competition Countdown

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Trucking along


It sure feels great to not be sick anymore. I was suppose to meet with Sonya my trainer last Friday, but she had to cancel because she was sick. She came down with the same thing Dave and I had. She did not get it from me. I did not step one foot in the gym when I was sick, so it must be really going around. Last week was tough working out. Even though I was feeling great I still felt a little week from taking almost a weak off, it's amazing how much a little bout with the flu can take you down. So far this week I really feel like my old self. I met with Sonya this morning and she is feeling well again too. We made it official that I will not be doing my first show until August 14th. Training for a show is very calculating and with my disadvantage of coming off of a huge surgery the training is taking longer for me. I am not upset about it, a bunch of other ladies connected with the navy are doing the show too. The show is called the armed forces contest, only people affiliated with the military are allowed to compete. Speaking of the military I went to see the navy reserve recruiter today. She is going to schedule a physical for me at MEPS, if everything works out I will be in the reserves by June. I am still planning on submitting my package for the reserve officers program, but that process takes about six months. I decided that it was a good idea to get back in now as an enlisted to get the retirement count down started, hahahaha. Wish me luck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment