Competition Countdown

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back in Gear

This past week has been the week from hell. I don't remember the last time I had the flu. I had forgotten how horrible it is.
It basically took all of my energy away and I did nothing but lay around for four days. The only food I could tolerate was cheerios, which wasn't that bad. I use to love cheerios when I was a kid. Since my diet does not allow me a lot of carbs I cannot enjoy big bowls of cereal anymore. It was nice to eat a big bowl of cereal again. I lost five pounds. Hopefully it was just water weight and not muscle mass, it was probably a little bit of both.
I am happy to say that I am all better. I hit the gym again on Saturday. The first day back was tough, I definitely felt weaker, but each day after that got easier and easier. The human body is very resilient. Hopefully there will be no more setbacks. I am really hoping that I am ready for the June 27th show. I am afraid this run in with the flu has set me back a little bit. We will just have to wait and see, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment