Competition Countdown

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Learning from the mistakes

Hi everyone,
Well, it feels great to not have to be so strict about what I drink and eat. After eating healthy for so long it doesn't feel like work anymore, but it feels great to eat a variety of healthy foods again and not the exact same thing everyday. The first competition was definitely a learning experience. The figure category was definitely a group that I was not quite ready for. It takes a long time to build up the muscle that those other women had. After the competition my trainer told me that in another six months I would be ready for another figure show. That is my goal, but that doesn't mean I cannot compete in another show before then. There is another show on November 6th that I want to do. I will not be entering in the figure category. I will be entering in the bikini and sports model categories. The bikini and sports model categories are divisions of the natural bodybuilding organization. Bikini and sports model girls have to have a well toned, but feminine physique. The judges want to see muscle definition, but not to the degree of figure or bodybuilding. Even though the look I have to achieve for the next show is not as muscular as figure I still cannot slack in the gym. My trainer has me upping my calories so I can gain some weight to build more muscle. She told me that even some of the bikini girls had a harder look than I did at the last show. I have a lot of work to do, but that is OK. Working hard towards something makes it more exiting. I also finished school last week. It feels great to finally be out of college. Well, I am not completely done with school. I signed up for a personal trainers course. I should be certified in just a couple of months. This school will be fun for me because it is something I am actually very interested in.
That is all for now.
Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment