Competition Countdown

Sunday, August 29, 2010

tomorrow the sun will rise

Hi everyone,
I love this picture of Mohinder. He is so cute when he falls asleep in awkward positions. His arm looks like a crane coming out of his head.
I found out some important news last night. I was planning on doing the INBA Natural Universe Bikini Competition so I decided to call the promoter to ask some questions. He told me in order to do that one I would have to do at least one INBA show before that show. He told me there was one in Sacramento on OCT 16th. So, that will be my next competition, just six weeks away. I will have to work my butt off but, I think I can pull it off. I am so grateful that I have Shannon to help me. She definitely was my inspiration to become a personal trainer. Along with getting the personal trainer's certification I am also getting certified in massage therapy. They go hand in hand very well because a lot of gyms have spas in them. My two favorite hobbies are working out and getting massages, so why not do both. The school is about 7 months long and the school is recognized by the VA. With only 7 months left on my GI Bill, it seemed perfect. Hopefully one day my college degree will come in handy. If I ever wanted to run a spa or gym I guess having that education would help.
The future is looking bright. Last week was a tough one. Like I had mentioned before, the Air Force Reserve would not allow me to get a physical because of all of the surgeries. The recruiter said she would request a waiver but, the chances of that going through are very slim, too slim. I decided that I can't focus on that anymore, it was time to move on. I have been dealing with trying to get in the reserves since May. Worrying about whether or not I would get in for four months was really starting to get on my nerves. It feels good to focus on other things.
One of my dad and I's favorite movies is Cast Away. At the end of the movie Tom Hanks was talking about how close he was to giving up but, he never did. My dad's likes the line when Tom Hanks says, "Tomorrow the sun will rise". I think what Tom Hank's character meant was each day brings new opportunities. If you have a couple of bad days, no big deal, tomorrow is a chance for good things to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment