Competition Countdown

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A long day in hell




Hi everyone,
Yesterday was the competition and waiting around in a hot room full of half naked women sounds like some people's dream come true, for me it was hell. The first round started a 1000 and my group did not come on stage until 1300, the second round started at 1830 and we did not come on stage until 2200. We got to go back for a couple of hours after the first round, but then it was back to waiting in the holding room. The hunger and the dehydration made everything worse, plus I thought my makeup looked a little too dark, I looked like I stood in front of a blow torch. I felt very insecure in that room. All of these women were hot and buff, I think I was the softest looking girl there. It was my first competition, but it was hard to not feel insecure. It was a lot of fun going on stage and wowing the judges and it was really funny watching the men's bodybuilding routines. I was very grateful that Shannon and Kristen came along to help me get ready. Shannon had to drive back to Lemoore Saturday night, she is such a trooper and so was Dave, dealing with me when I am hungry and thirsty is no easy task. In figure competitions they break you up by your height. All of the other classes had five or less girls and mine had 10 and the girls in my class were by far the best looking girls, so I was up against the toughest competition. I don't know for sure, but I think I got 6th place. I know it sounds like I had a miserable time, but I can't wait to do it again. It is kind of like running a marathon. During the run you may not be having the most fun, but when it is over you are happy and are planning the next one. My next show will be on November 13th in Denver Co. with Shannon and then another one in the beginning of December in Culver City. I will still be keeping you all informed on my progress. I am also going to get my personal trainers certification. I should have that finished by my next competition.
Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment