Competition Countdown

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hell Week

Hi Everyone,
Well, I am now entering what I call hell week. I thought that my diet was very strict already, but this last week it gets much worse. My carb intake has gone down to less than 50 grams per day, no salt, dairy, eggs, flavored drinks, fruit, starchy carbs, sugar, protein powder. I think that covers all of the things I cannot have, so basically my diet consists of one serving of oatmeal in the morning and the rest of the day I live off of plain grilled chicken breasts, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes and almonds. On Monday it gets even worse, that is when the water depletion starts. The day of the show I only get 4 ounces of water. I hope that I do not pass out. I am very glad that Shannon my trainer is coming along. She has been there and done that, she knows what all goes on so that takes a lot of stress off of me. It is weird to think that in a week from now the show will be over, but this is only the beginning. There is another show on November 6th in LA that I want to do. That venue will be much bigger because it is open to the public. I am glad that my first show is for people affiliated with the military and nobody else. I am not sure how many competitors there will be. I am trying not to think about all of that too much. It is important to not let my nerves get the best of me. I am so glad I have Dave, he is my rock. There were days where I thought why was I even putting myself through this, but he was always there to encourage me to not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment