Competition Countdown

Monday, September 13, 2010

California's hidden treasure

Good evening,
Just a little over a month left until the next competition. Not so nervous about this one coming up, probably because I know what to expect. Last weekend Shannon and I went to San Diego to watch our friend Kristen compete in her first figure competition. That girl looked amazing. She inspired me to push it even harder in the gym. It was my first time in San Diego. It turns out that California isn't entirely the arm pit of the west coast that I thought it was. While we were in San Diego we spent the day in La Jolla. That was the most beautiful place in California that I have ever seen, the beach was amazing, the weather was warm and overcast. It seems like in Lemoore there are never those comfortable overcast days, it was nice to experience a day like that. While we were there one of the thoughts running through my mind was "Why didn't those detailers give Dave orders to Camp Pendleton or Balboa hospital, why did they have to send him to this s**thole". But, if we were not here then I would never have met Sonya, Shannon, Kristen, Rebecca and Jess.
My next competition I plan on having more fun and just enjoying the moment. It will be my first competition with the International Natural Bodybuilding Association. Kristen did her competition through them and I had a really good feeling about it when I watched her, it was a great event in a wonderful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment