Competition Countdown

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Slow Roasting

Good evening,
It was a great day for football, Packers won and the Bengals won, wooohooo!!!!! Packers are 2-0, hopefully they can keep this winning streak going.
I can't believe it has been over a month since my last competition and my next one is less than a month away. This next one will be a little less stressful on myself and my trainer Shannon. This time around I am utilizing a powerful tanning bed. 12 minute sessions every other day are darkening me up pretty good as you can see from the picture, the face is a little red but, as a whole it is working out. It is like I am slow roasting myself, that is exactly what laying in the tanning bed feels like. And I will also be utilizing the spray tan service they have on site of the competition and that is it. Shannon will night be applying four coats of the body paint on me. As I have mentioned before that all competitors need to be tanning for competitions. The tan is a very tricky process and body painting is especially hard because you don't know if your skin will absorb the crap or not, a lot of times it streaks and you have to keep reapplying, it could take up to four hours to do this. So, I decided screw that I will just get the spray tan. Shannon and I both think that it is risky relying on the spray tan service. If I turn out looking horrible then I will know not to use it next time. Food wise I am enjoying the last couple of weeks of eating a variety of healthy food and cheating one day a week. October first is when I will have to go back to the diet of chicken and green vegetables. Workouts are going great, I really appreciate Shannon meeting with me several times a week to not only work out but, also practice posing and the walking. She is awesome.

1 comment: