Competition Countdown

Sunday, September 26, 2010

maintenance, maintenance




Hi,
So far this week I have been accosted by three different people about tanning beds and skin care. It is common knowledge that using a tanning bed is not the safest thing to do. But, this is what is necessary when you are training for a bodybuilding competition. After the show on November 6th I will have a six month break before the next show, so I do not plan on going to the tanning salon for much longer. My skin regimen is also pretty pathetic. The routine for me is washing my face in the morning and putting Vaseline all over it. A good friend of mine told me the importance of taking good care of your skin. From now on the new regigmen is use moisturizer in the morning and before bed.
Training is coming along good. I have been training more independently now. I use to train with Shannon about six days a week and now we only meet one or two times. Shannon trains clients at Lemoore, In shape in Hanford and sells real estate, she is also training for a show in November. She has mastered the art of juggling a bunch of different things, I don't know how she does. It's good to be training on my own, eventually I will be training clients myself. Unfortunately Dave has been the Guinea pig. We worked on quads yesterday. We did sets of walking lunges, squats, leg extensions, calf raises and then Dave went for a run. When he got home he started feeling a pull in his lower back and it has been hurting ever since. I am feeling horrible about that. When I mentioned this to Shannon she said "what did you do to him" Honestly, I don't think he was pushed too hard. Injuries just happen. Hopefully he will still want to work out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment