Competition Countdown

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Run Dave Run!

Hi everyone,
It was an eventful holiday weekend. Dave did the Disneyland half marathon. He came in at 1:46, that is an awesome time. He was gone for three nights, the house is pretty boring when he is gone. The half marathon is not something I wanted to go watch. It might be selfish and immature, but it is too hard for me to go to running events. Running is something that I loved to do and I cannot do it right now. Hopefully one day I can start running again, but going to events and not being able to participate is too hard for me. Dave understood why I didn't want to go. Other runners that have experienced this probably feel the same way.
Luckily there are other cardio, endurance activities that are really fun. Spinning is an awesome workout. Anyone who lives on base should go to Gisela's class at 1000 on Monday's and Wednesday's, she is awesome. She pushes everyone in the class really hard. When we were finished I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest, it was intense. Swimming is great too, but it doesn't build the muscles I need to build, so I am only allowed to swim once a week. My workouts in the gym are getting more challenging. Shannon has really been pushing me to lift heavier and I think I have been doing a good job. Ever since the last show I have been working harder in the gym. Those buff girls at my last show may have been doing it longer than me, but they are also probably working a lot harder than I did in the gym. This weekend Shannon and I are going to watch another figure competition in San Diego. Watching the show will give me more motivation to push even harder in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment